Berry Beet Smoothie
- 1 small beet cut into small chunks*
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup frozen berries (my favourite is a raspberry- blackberry combo)
- 1/3 frozen banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup cooled green tea (can sub water, or non-dairy milk of choice for a creamier option)
- 1/2 scoop Karen® Phytoplankton
* I do not peel my beets, just give them a good scrub! If you have a high powered blender, the beet can go in raw. If you do not, you will want to pre-cook the beet so not to destroy your machine! ?
Add all ingredients except Karen® Phytoplankton powder into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Stir in Karen® Phytoplankton powder. Enjoy!
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Sarah Rehill is a registered Holistic Nutritionist, and a graduate from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. She specializes in women’s health after completing courses in Natural Hormone Balancing and Optimal Fertility through the Women’s Integrative Health Institute, as well as an apprenticeship with “The Period Girl” Nicole Jardim. Sarah’s optimal goal is for every woman to have a symptom-free menstrual cycle, and for every individual to relearn the joys of eating without having to deal with chronic digestive symptoms. In addition to her specialty in women’s health, she works with many couples as well as individual male clients to assist with a multitude of concerns including (but not limited to) weight loss management, finding the root cause of your anxiety, and helping you find relief from your chronic digestive symptoms.
Using symptomatology and basic functional testing, Sarah will develop a personalized plan for all of her clients, targeting underlying imbalances within their bodies to find the root cause of concern. Working with their lifestyles and their own motivation, Sarah will help you find achievable and sustainable results.