Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1/4 tsp Karen Phytoplankton
- 100 grams dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- Optional: 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium sauce pan melt honey and stevia.
- Add coconut and allow to cool (if you are adding the optional hemp hearts, you would add them now)
- Meanwhile, beat egg white and vanilla (lemon juice and zest if using) until peaks form.
- Gently fold coconut mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Using a tbsp, measure out balls of mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, or until the bottoms are brown and the tops have begun to change colour. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a double boiler (or a metal bowl over a boiling saucepan of water) melt dark chocolate. If you prefer a sweeter treat, you can add small amounts of raw local honey to the chocolate.
- Allow to cool slightly, then stir in 1/4 tsp of Karen Phytoplankton.
- Dunk the bottoms of the macaroons into the chocolate and place on parchment paper to harden. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes for macaroons to set. ENJOY!
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Sarah Rehill is a registered Holistic Nutritionist, and a graduate from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. She specializes in women’s health after completing courses in Natural Hormone Balancing and Optimal Fertility through the Women’s Integrative Health Institute, as well as an apprenticeship with “The Period Girl” Nicole Jardim. Sarah’s optimal goal is for every woman to have a symptom-free menstrual cycle, and for every individual to relearn the joys of eating without having to deal with chronic digestive symptoms. In addition to her specialty in women’s health, she works with many couples as well as individual male clients to assist with a multitude of concerns including (but not limited to) weight loss management, finding the root cause of your anxiety, and helping you find relief from your chronic digestive symptoms.
Using symptomatology and basic functional testing, Sarah will develop a personalized plan for all of her clients, targeting underlying imbalances within their bodies to find the root cause of concern. Working with their lifestyles and their own motivation, Sarah will help you find achievable and sustainable results.